70mm SATA Mini
SaberTooth™ SSDs are custom designed for netbook PC upgrades.
The SaberTooth S4 uses the Jmicron JMF602B controller and major
brand MLC flash to achieve blistering fast sequential read and
4KB random read speeds. This is an excellent way to ugrade the
performance and expand storage capacity in SATA based netbooks
including Asus S101, 900, 900A, 901 and 1000 EeePCs. It delivers
2X to 5X faster transfer speeds than the default SSD so you
can enjoy lightning fast bootups and application load times.
With the gains in performance and storage space you'll unleash
the true functionality of the Eee PC. The SaberTooth S4 is available
in 32 and 64 GB capacities. See
our detailed benchmark report.
Features - Mini PCIe card with 3Gbps SATA-II
- Based on MLC NAND flash for high performance and reliability
- Guaranteed compatible with Asus EeePC models S101, 900,
900A, 901 and 1000
- Uses very little power to help extend battery life
- ECC Error Correction for server-class reliability
- Bad bit management maps out bad bits to prevent errors
- Sophisticated wear leveling algorithm ensures a long usable
- Up to five times faster than default drive!
- Offered in capacities up to 64GB
- Includes screwdriver and installlation guide
- 1-Year warranty
Sequential Read Speed
Up to 130MB/sec
Sequential Write Speed
Up to 50MB/sec
2.7 x 1.3 inches (70 x 32 mm)
Operating System Compatibility
Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000; Linux, Mac OS 10.x
Early BIOS revisions of the Eee
PC do not support SATA SSDs, so we reccomend upgrading your
Eee PC to the newest BIOS before installing the SaberTooth.
If you don't have at least this BIOS revision you need to upgrade
to a newer BIOS: Eee PC 900: BIOS rev 0906 or newer; Eee PC
900A: BIOS rev 0703 or newer; Eee PC 901: BIOS rev 1808 or newer.
Asus and Eee PC are trademarks of Asustek
Corp. Usable capacity may be less than specified after formatting.
Actual performance varies depending on system configuration
and application. See our benchmark
report for more detailed performance characteristics.